101 Fun Elopement Activity Ideas
to help brainstorm activities you can include in your unique wedding day!
Whether you prefer a more relaxed celebration, or a day filled with high adrenaline activities, this list will give you some fun elopement ideas to start planning your uniquely-you wedding day!
“What would we do?”
One of the most common questions I get from couples thinking about eloping is “What would we do?” and the answer is- Anything you want!
Choosing to elope opens up a whole new world of possibilities. When you are no longer dealing with the logistics involved with providing the proper amenities and entertainment for a large group of people, your options open up to include pretty much anything you would enjoy doing together!
More Traditional Wedding Activities
that many couples choose to still include in their elopement day
- Getting Ready
- First Look
- Vow Exchange
- Ring Exchange
- Unity Ceremony (Handfasting, Sand Ceremony, Wine Mixing, Sage Smudging, etc)
- Include Cultural Traditions
- First dance
- Celebration toast
- Champagne pop
- Cake Cutting
- Dancing- whether you have 2 guests, or 200, there is always room for dancing
- FaceTime with your loved ones
- Read letters from those not there
enjoying an adventurous experience together to create fun memories
- Mild Hike
- Helicopter tour
- Star gazing
- Wildlife tour
- Hot air balloon ride
- Botanical gardens/ Nature walk
- Petting zoo
- Produce or flower picking at your favorite farm
- Paddle boats
- Bicycle ride
- Mud puddle hopping
- Horseback ride
- Build a snowman
- Have a snowball fight/ make snow angels
- Have a leaf fight/ Jump into a leaf pile in the fall
- Plant a tree
- Soak in a hot spring
- Watch northern lights
- Rent a dream car and take a ride
- Fly kites
- Chill on a beach
- Visit a volcano
- Whale watching
Cozy Elopement Activities
relax together and take the time to truly connect with eachother
- Have a Picnic
- Roast marshmallows
- Cook together
- Have a private chef cook you dinner
- Couples massages
- Take a horse drawn carriage ride
- Cozy up by a fire (indoors or out at a bonfire)
- Relax in a hammock
- Play music together
- Create an outdoor theater at your home or airbnb and watch a movie
More Extreme Outdoor Activities
add a bit of adrenaline, for those who live life a bit more extreme
- Epic Hike (up a mountain, down a canyon, or in the dark before sunrise or after sunset!)
- Ride ATVs
- Rock climbing
- Fly fishing
- Cliff jumping
- Zip lining
- Scuba diving
- Ice skating
- Jet Skiing
- Ice climbing
- Snow shoeing
- Cross country skiing
- Stand up Paddle boarding
- River rafting tour
- Go for a trail run
- Jump in a lake
- Dog sled ride
- Via Ferrata Climbing
Urban elopement Activities
if you prefer the hustle and bustle of city life
- Wine Tour
- Visit a favorite Restaurant or Bar
- Roller Skating
- Visit a Museum
- Go Bowling
- Art Walk
- Brewery Tour
- Visit an Amusement park
- Go kart racing
- Go Skateboarding
- Ride One wheels or scooters
- Go Ax throwing
- Take a Rickshaw ride
- Get Tattoos
Fun classes or Projects to work on together
working hand in hand to accomplish a goal
- Create a painting/ go to a painting class
- Cook a meal together/ take a cooking class
- Create a pottery project/ go to a pottery class
- Relax with a laugh by doing yoga with goats
- Take a Dance Class or enjoy a dance you have learned before
- Go to a Yoga, Aerial yoga, or Acro yoga class
- Learn a skill- urban farming, bee keeping, or something else you can enjoy together in your new marriage
Ready to begin planning your Elopement adventure?
Let me help you create a “perfectly you” wedding experience! Whether you would like help sorting through what fun elopement ideas to include in your day, or already have your activities figured out, I would LOVE to hear what you are dreaming up!
Looking for what to read next?
Check out these planning Resources:
The Top Outdoor Sedona Wedding Venues
Arizona Elopement Guide- Everything you Need to Plan an Arizona Elopement
Romantic Things for Couples to do in Sedona, AZ
How to get legally married in Arizona
How to Choose the Best Place to Elope
Agritopia Farms wedding Inspiration
Wedding & Elopement photography timeline calculator
Courthouse Vista Elopement Inspiration
Schnepf Farms Wedding venue- secluded meadow in central, AZ
Why you should consider the Mogollon Rim for your Arizona Elopement
and I want to be your Elopement or Wedding Photographer!
I love helping couples visualize and craft an experience that feels true to you. The way your marriage begins matters, and I would love to help you tell your story. Set your marriage up for success by allowing yourself to get married your way!
I think helicopter ride and a hike to watch thousands of stars just two of us is the best feeling ever for adventure elopement!
Such a creative list of tins to do for your elopement! Favourite had to be the via Ferrata suggestion 👍. Thanks for sharing!
Via Ferratas are so much fun!
These are such great ideas! I love when couples think outside the box for their wedding
Me too! 🙂
Oh wow!!! You have compiled the ultimate list of things to do on an elopement day! My favorite I think is building a snowman because that’s honestly the cutest thing ever!
Building snowmen is one of my very favorite things!
Eloping means anything goes! So many possiblities.
Love alllll these ideas!!! I would love to roller skate for an elopement!
I miss my days at the roller skating rink! I stuck that on there hoping someone takes the bait and brings me along!